If you are the data entry operator, you must be aware to do data entry work fast and accurately. Here we explained few information about this.
Computers have become so common nowadays and we are so dependent on them. Understandably, we need to use keyboards a lot for this, but for some of us it is a painful experience picking each letter, looking from the keyboard to the monitor and back. If you do not already know touch typing, it is high time that you did. It is basically typing without looking at the keyboard.
Contrary to popular perception, studying touch typing is not that hard. With a little bit of patience and determination, anyone can master the art of typing fast without looking at the keyboard. Touch typing is not just about typing fast, it is also about the ergonomics; how to use the keyboard without causing problems in the long term. When you learn touch typing the proper way, you will not only learn to type fast, you also learn the right ways to do it.
Touch Typing Basics
The ultimate aim of a touch typing exercise should be to enable you to type fast without having to look at the keyboard at all. So how do you that? For beginners, you should learn the home rows; this is where each of your fingers will be positioned on the keyboard. With practice, you will learn how to move your fingers to find the alphabets and how your fingers return to the home row after typing them. This may sound complicated, but once you master it, can be as simple as breathing.
However, extreme care should be taken to learn it the right way. When learning the home rows, you may be tempted to use a different finger for an alphabet because you are used to that way. Do not fall for it as this can cause considerably difficulties in the future.
Prevent Injury and Fatigue With Correct Typing Posture
We spend a lot of our times these days in front of a computer, using a keyboard or a mouse. We get too immersed in our work that we do not stop to consider the harm that our unhealthy postures are causing to the body. Therefore, the basic of any typing training should be to teach the correct ergonomics. You should position yourself in such a way so that your body is put under the least stress or no stress at all.
Choose the right chair, table length, arm rest, back rest or anything you think will help you make comfortable. These little things can prevent you from developing Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in the future. No matter how comfortable you are with your position, never forget to get up and walk in between. Stretch our break, break your fingers and stretch some more.
Tips To Help You Type Faster
Hand positioning and ergonomics are important, but is there something more to fast typing? The answer is yes. There are a few tips that can help you start typing like a pro.
- Read the next word even while you are typing the current word. This can be a real time saver as you learn to type faster.
- There are common letters and groupings that come handy for a lot of words. Practice them so that you do not have to take the effort to type them out.
- Do not just practice with letters, practice with numbers and symbols as well. Master the user of Shift key, when to hold and when to release it.
- Changing the keyboard can cause considerable difficulties for a fast typer. Even when you have to change your keyboard, make sure you get something of the same make.
- Make the most of typing games. It is boring typing out paragraphs after paragraphs during your typing exercises. To make it more interesting, use some of the many typing games available on the web. This will drive away the boredom and increase your typing speed without you realizing it.
Set Up An Ergonomically Correct Workstation
- Place the chair in front of your table in such a height so that you can reach the keyboard without having to raise your arms
- Position your keyboard and mouse in a comfortable way.
- Place the monitor 25 inches away from you with a slight tilt upward.
- Place your fingers on the keyboard in such a way that your wrists are straight.
- When using the mouse, move your entire arm instead of just the wrist
- Keep your back straight and shoulders relaxed.