A Freelance virtual assistant is fast become a popular work from home job position. The job takes the old title of an ‘office assistant’ to a whole new level. This is the perfect job for people who stay at home, have personal commitments to tend to but still want to earn a decent income online. As a virtual assistant, employees perform all the duties of an administrative assistant, and with almost the same pay level, from the comfort of their own home.
Important tasks that a Freelance virtual assistant needs to perform include:
- handling email correspondences,
- word processing,
- setting appointments,
- electronic filing, and
When you are working as a freelance virtual assistant, you can rest assured that you will be taking care of all these tasks from your home, during hours that are convenient for you. If the job sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you are open to working from home, then there are various online virtual assistant job out there. All you need is a computer and a reliable Internet connection and you can start looking for a freelance virtual assistant job online.
Why People Need Freelance Virtual Assistant
Almost all businesses, sooner or later, end up requiring a freelance virtual assistant who can work from home, at his/her own convenience and help organize and manage various things, across almost all departments. virtual assistants get repetitive, time consuming tasks done quickly and this frees a company’s key employees to focus on more important tasks that generate revenue and company value. Managing emails, setting up comfortable appointments, generating leads and handling time-consuming tasks when starting a new project are some things that virtual assistants take care of. The best thing about hiring a freelance virtual assistant is that companies do not have to make room for yet another employee in the office itself and does not have to provide all benefits that a regular employee requires.
Hiring freelance virtual assistants is, therefore, a beneficial option for companies.
Some Useful Steps that You can Take
1) Think about what field appeals to you the most and what you would like to work in. You might want to stick to one field or explore all the opportunities. Think about it before you set out to search for jobs.
2) Conduct thorough Internet search and find reliable online job portals that would help you get an online freelance virtual assistant opportunity. While there are numerous sources that claim to offer help, not all of them are genuine. Some portals are just out to dupe innocent job seekers and make money. Ensure that you are trusting the right source.
3) Rework and tweak your resume to highlight experience that you have in the field of your interest as well as your overall administrative skills and experience. When hiring a virtual assistant, employers usually look for a good overall experience instead of something specific. Make sure you highlight everything that is worthy of being highlighted.
4) When looking for job opportunities, focus on small businesses, especially if you’re just starting out. Small business owners tend to be more supportive of freelancers or employees who have a desire to be self employed.
5) Freelance Virtual Assistant Jobs are highly competitive. It is, therefore, important that you make a strong case and impress the employer. Make an offer that no employer can refuse, offer to work for a week or so on trial basis. These things are bound to impress employers and land you a well paying freelance virtual assistant job.